Idaho Falls, located in the eastern part of Idaho, is a charming city that offers plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re a local resident or just passing through, here are some of the best things to do in Idaho Falls.
- Visit the Idaho Falls Zoo at Tautphaus Park: The Idaho Falls Zoo is a small but fascinating place, home to a wide range of animals including big cats, primates, birds, and reptiles. Visitors can take a guided tour, attend animal shows, and even meet some of the animals up close.
- Explore the Snake River: Idaho Falls is located along the Snake River, which offers a variety of outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, and kayaking. Take a scenic drive along the river or rent a boat and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding mountains and forests.
- Visit the Museum of Idaho: The Museum of Idaho is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the region, with exhibits on topics such as Idaho’s early settlers, the Lewis and Clark expedition, and the history of the state’s mining and agriculture industries.
- Take a hike in the Grand Teton National Park: Just a short drive from Idaho Falls, the Grand Teton National Park offers stunning natural beauty and plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventure. Hike to the top of one of the park’s many peaks for breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Attend a concert or show at the Colonial Theater: The Colonial Theater is a historic venue that has been entertaining visitors to Idaho Falls for over a century. Today, the theater hosts a wide range of events, including concerts, theater productions, and comedy shows.
- Visit the Idaho Falls Art Museum: The Idaho Falls Art Museum features a diverse collection of works by local and regional artists, with a focus on contemporary art and works by regional artists. Take a tour of the museum or attend one of its many art-focused events.
- Go shopping in the downtown area: Idaho Falls boasts a charming downtown area filled with unique boutiques, specialty shops, and restaurants. Spend an afternoon browsing the stores, or stop in at one of the local cafes for a bite to eat.
No matter what your interests, Idaho Falls has something for everyone. So why not plan a trip today and experience all the city has to offer?